I've put some time into making a block diagram of the Moog Mother-32, with the intention of helping me get the most out of it. I get to indulge my inner IT Architect, but also benefit from having a visual representation of all the connections. I offer it here as something potentially useful to other Mother-32 owners.
- Red lines indicate connections that exist in the box - they are what makes it semi-modular rather than modular.
- Solid lines indicate that audio signals are expected.
- Dotted lines indicate that control signals are expected.
- Similarly to the front panel convention, patch sockets labelled with a background behind the text are outputs, and those without are inputs.
- The front panel controls seem to me to mostly control the behaviour of the VCO, VCF, etc. inside the box, and so I haven't felt the need to include them here.
- Likewise, I haven't bothered putting the MIDI parts in, as I don't think that it adds much to the helpfulness of the diagram to do so.
Caveat: I'm not an expert, and this is based on my own understanding. If you find bugs in it, then please do let me know in the comments below, and I'll fix it and post updated files. As well as the picture above, I am making a PDF version available plus the original Omnigraffle file.